So almost every day for the last two weeks I have been focusing on working out, getting outside, cleaning inside, keeping up with laundry, and making dinner. We have had a planned dinner every night and I worked out at least 3 times each week. We also went to the park 9 out of 10 days (we don't go on the weekends).
Claire loves the park. She is getting really good at going up the ladders alone. PLUS This summer the city is giving lunches to children under 18yo. So I haven't made Claire lunch in a good while :- D
It definitely got hot enough for swimming!
And Daddy brought home his old toy trains for his little girl who also LOVES "choo choos."
Claire likes to help water the flowers. The water is really cold.
We stop to smell the roses every day. Mmmm!
We've been eating TONS of grapes.
And we went to visit our house together! This picture was taken on Tuesday the 11th. You can see our garage floor and the gravel where the driveway and sidewalk will be.
The is sideways but it's our basement floor and some plumbing and a window well to the back yard.
As of Friday, Peter reports that wood for framing had been delivered and was sitting on our property! Hooray! It's REALLY going to look like a house now!
![]() |
| They added that pole on the right and the tubes right in front. |
Claire got car sick on the ride down to the house so we made sure to let her have a good long break before we got back in the car. We stopped at our neighborhood city park and played for a while.
So those are our days. At night I've been editing photos and trying to organize myself enough to blog. I'm not really fast at any of that because I'm a total perfectionist--most of the time. Sometimes I just try to throw it together (like this post--I know what you're thinking, this is just thrown together? Yes--and it took me over an hour!) and it still takes forever.
I've also generally just been planning and getting more things done--like gift buying and wrapping for Father's day and our anniversary and a very special WEDDING! These coming two weeks are going to be packed full of fun and excitement! The only problems: time off and money! Technically all extra money (and then some) is supposed to be going to the house, but we're suckers for presents and gift giving! I sure love us as a couple!
Also to mention, around Monday the 3rd Constance saw a commercial on TV and mentioned that she was interested in seeing Jersey Boys and I was SO excited and told her I wanted to go too! They were in town for two weeks only and shows started that week. So Constance dragged me along to the show on Thursday night and it was FABULOUS! If you don't know, it's about the boy group The Four Seasons and how they became famous and what happened to them. Amazing music. It was just a ton of fun. I still have the playbill, but no pictures. It was so good to 1) be out and 2) go be cultured and in a theatre again!
So...
Our summer sure is off to a great start!












Nice work! Way to to active/proactive :) I wish some of that would rub off on me!
ReplyDelete